/dist/images/branding/favicon

Loose connection between handlebars and gimbal

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Henry Williamson, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Henry Williamson

Henry Williamson New Member

Hi all,

Have recently started noticing an issue with our M15, where after snapping together the handlebars and the gimbal and locking shut there seems to be a small amount of play when tilting. When I tilt the Mōvi backwards or forwards in my hands or when moving quickly, it almost feels like I can feel something "knocking" in the socket where the handlebars clip in to the gimbal. It's like the connecting part of the handlebars is hitting the sides of the gimbal socket ever so slightly.

I've gone all over the Mōvi with the allen driver to try tightening up any potentially loose screws, but none seemed to be terribly loose and the issue still persists.

Any advice or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

So to be clear, this is an issue you're having with the Toad in the Hole? Sounds like you've checked the tightness of all the Allen bolts. Does the latch on the Movi part\female snug tightly?

3. Henry Williamson

Yes, this is the word I was looking for! The latch fits tightly yes.

4. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

The main thing I can think of, and maybe you already tried this, is to tighten the bolt that's hidden inside the latch on the female toad. If you open the latch (make sure your Movi isn't going to fall and hit the ground), there's a little bolt inside there where it attached. The 2.5mm hex tool that Freefly probably gave you should fit inside there, and you might tighten it a little. This will increase the clamping pressure on the collar that holds the Movi snug to the Male Toad.

It may not need to be turned much -- maybe 1/2 turn?

In the meantime, I'd be very careful with using the Toad if it's loose. There have been occasional reports here of it separating and dropping the Movi.

Here's a pic of the bolt head (right of the Freefly logo, hidden inside the open latch):

IMG_3507.JPG

5. Henry Williamson

Thanks for that Graham, after giving this a few turns there's no more knocking so I'd say you've fixed my issue this end! Thanks so much for your help. Very glad this was an easy fix and not a tricky assembly replacement job.

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks, Graham!
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Graham Futerfas likes this.