/dist/images/branding/favicon

Limiting Gimble Revolution

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Chloe Castle, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Chloe Castle

Chloe Castle New Member

I am working on a project and was wondering if there was a way to limit the motion of the MoVI M10. One of the gimble's key features is the ability to continuously revolve when using a remote to control its "turning" left/right movements. I would like to limit this to only be able to make one full revolution. Basically, there will be some wires added to the device and it would be easier to avoid tangles if the gimble could rotate only 360 degrees instead of unlimited revolutions.

Is there a way to program the MoVI M10 gimble or the remote control (Spektrum DX8) to achieve this? There is probably a way to do it if an Arduino board is added, but I would prefer to know if there is a way to achieve a 360 turn limit just with the provided materials.

Thank you!

2. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

I'm pretty sure there's no way to do this. Is there a reason the operator can't just watch it and not turn it past 360?
    Something I do between shots is switch into majestic mode so that if the person holding it needs to turn around or place it on a stand, no matter what they do it follows them. It saves the tangles and they can also point it where they need to view different framing.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Would some well placed bungee cords serve to "soft limit" the range of motion? If the MōVI fought against the bungee cord too much, it would just go limp.

Andy.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

By the time you figured out a way to do this, you'd be better off figuring out a wireless solution to your problem...that is, unless you're talking about power cables.