/dist/images/branding/favicon

Kudos to the Movi-Cinema Robot Team!

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by John Woody, Apr 28, 2018.

1. John Woody

John Woody Member

Just wanted to express the excitement I have been feeling for the last 24 hours of using the Movi! Kudos to the design team that made this product such a game changer for me, and in the future, to so many teachers working with students! As an Apple Distinguished Educator, I review primarily gimbals and other devices that can be used in video production learning environments. So many universities are realizing that students bring to class their own phones and laptops. With advances in 4K on an iPhone, electronic journalism and converged media classes just don't require costly cameras and gear. The Movi gimbal allows for EJ students to create such dynamic media. Again... excited and can't wait for further developments and accessories for the Movi - Cinema Robot!

John Woody
    Apple Distinguished Educator
    Old Retired Professor and Filmmaker
    https://vimeo.com/channels/iedithd/179049011

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Well said, John, especially from someone with your background.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

John! This made my day to read. Really glad you are enjoying the Movi. We have been agonizing over this thing for years now and to finally launch it and have people enjoy it is such a nice turn of events!

Frank Algermissen and John Woody like this.
  4. Frank Algermissen

Frank Algermissen Active Member

Dito from my side - even I am temporary critical here and there (but mostly on software ;-) ) I do not often say that I "love" a product. But this one I do. Especially in combination with MOMENT Lenses. Many thx that you guys worked so close together!

John Woody likes this.
  5. John Woody

John Woody Member

i really want get the Moment lenses. Heard so much. I’m shooting a small old-time music festival way back in West Virginia next weekend and can really see how these would add so much to my footage.

6. Frank Algermissen

Frank Algermissen Active Member

You will LOVE them - trust me! Check out their YT channel or blog. They are doing a brilliant job in content marketing.

With the MOVI you will have so much fun with a REAL anamorphic lens. But the Wide or Superfish is also great. Combined with the Dual Lens of the new iPhone models you also get 2x focal length. That's amazing. But take care while shopping. It can happen fast that your basket is full and your wallet empty :)