/dist/images/branding/favicon

iPhone 10X S MAX vertical balancing

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Lyle Almond, Oct 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lyle Almond

Lyle Almond New Member

I'm new to the Movi, so not sure if I'm setting things up right. When balancing my iPhoneX S MAX, I’m able to balance it horizontally, but there’s no way it will balance vertically without pitching forward while power is off. Is that normal for this iPhone? The tutorial videos make it seem like the iPhone should balance vertically and horizontally while the Movi is turned off, but those aren’t iPhoneX S MAX devices in the videos. Should I be concerned that my iPhone doesn’t balance vertically when the Movi is off or in sleep mode?

By the way, how do you post photos on this forum?

2. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

Hi Lyle,

See the video in the first post in this recent thread: https://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/optical-stabilisation-on-the-xs-and-xs-max.12785/

Tabb Firchau, one of the owners of Freefly, balances an Xs Max starting at the 03:28 mark, although I'm not sure that this video fully answers your question depending on how much lean you are seeing. The thread, and his video, also talk about improvements in the new iPhones to optical image stabilisation.

You post photos on the forum by using the controls you see at the top of the post composition window. Maybe try hovering over the icons to see the text describing what each icon does. You might also find it useful to have a quick look at the forum's BB (Bulletin Board) Codes: https://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?help/bb-codes

Cheers

#2 Rorick Edge, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  3. Lyle Almond

Lyle Almond New Member

Thanks, Rorick. Clearly, as Tabb demonstrates, pre-flight balancing is minimal at best. I'm just trying to avoid making the Movi work as much as possible to prolong battery life.

Rorick Edge likes this.