/dist/images/branding/favicon

initializing while Receiver is plugged in

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by peter Wilke, Dec 4, 2013.

1. peter Wilke

peter Wilke New Member

I have just received my transmitter from FreeFly and when I plug it in where I was shown the configurator will not recognize the Movi10. When I shut it down, disconnect the receiver then start back up it will be recognizable again.
    Has anyone had this trouble? Can I plug the receiver in after initialization and tuning while the power is on? If I power it down after I tune it with my MacbookPro will the tuning be remembered?
    peter.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Fluidmo welcome to the forum. Would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/.

Can you clarify what you mean. You mention a new transmitter (DX7?) and then the configurator. Not sure what you are trying to do.

3. peter Wilke

peter Wilke New Member

I received my Movi10 without a transmitter. Denise at Freefly was kind enough to quickly and send me a transmitter (Dx8) with a receiver that she told me to stick to the Movi10. Before I received the transmitter I was able to use the FreeFly configurator via bluetooth to tune my pan and tilt stabs for use in Majestic mode. However, since receiving the transmitter/receiver and plugging it into the Movi10 the bluetooth option to tune the stabs is no longer available to me. It seems to have knocked out the ability for my Laptop to 'speak' with the Movi10. My question, firstly has anyone witnessed a similar bug? And, can I plug the receiver in after the Movi10 is tuned without powering down the rig for fear that the tuning adjustments would be lost. I would really like to avoid plugging and unplugging the small connector but I will do what I need to make it work.
    peter.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Peter this hasn't come up before. Would suggest that you open a support ticket with Freefly support@freeflysystems.com

If you are writing the config settings then the receiver should have no effect on those settings. Are you able to 'drive' the gimbal with the DX8 when it is connected?