/dist/images/branding/favicon

IMAC AND SONY 730

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by kjetil tønnesen, Oct 5, 2012.

1. kjetil tønnesen

HELLO
    i have a cinestar 8 with a sony 730 on it

but i have problem with my final cut pro to play the files on my mac
    the film just slow down and my copmture cant play it smooth

is there a way to do it so it works,so i can make some movies to vimeo:))

thanks

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Kjetl:
    I will need some more information before I can fully understand the problem and try it here.
    Can you therefore tell me:

1. How you have your CX730 set to record? Are you recording at 1080p60 (or the European equivalent)?
    2. Which version of Final Cut Pro are you using FCP 7 or FCP X?
    3. Are you using any kind of converter software to convert the AVCHD files from the camera?
    4. Which version of Mac OS X are you running?

Finally, can you clarify the problem: Does FCP start out playing the video clip OK, and then slow down, or does the problem show up immediately?

From what you say, FCP is playing the clip with hesitation -- so it will play a few frames and pause, then a few more frames and pause?

If you can give me all this information I can try the problem here.

Thanks
    Andy

3. kjetil tønnesen

thanks andy

i use version 10.6.8
    i have the camera set to HD QUALITY
    and in rec mode i will use higth quality or highest quality fx 1920x1080 50fps

i am using the final cut pro x
    i use the smartconverter pro to convert my files

the problem show up immediately in very slow motion the sound are great but the frames are slow and dont match the sound and so on??

is there a way to convert the frames so i can use it on my mac??

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hmm. I'd say the culprit is Smartconverter Pro.
    Did you see this warning:

AVCHD is the defacto standard for high definition consumer video cameras. Note that Smart Converter Pro, and all FFmpeg-based converters, have limited AVCHD support. This means that AVCHD support will not cover all variants of this standard.​

It's on this web page describing supported file types. My guess is that Converter Pro doesn't like the particular format AVCHD that Sony is emitting.

I seem to recall trying all sorts of different converters, Brorsoft, Aunsoft, and Cineform, before I discovered that Adobe Premiere can import the CX760 (and, in infer CX730) without any conversion required (or you can use Adobe Media Converter). You can then export the resulting video as Quicktime or Apple ProRes 422 and edit it in Final Cut Pro. Seems a very convoluted workflow, but it works.

Andy.

5. kjetil tønnesen

Ok thanks for the help
    It seem like when i import directly from kamera and impot it like proxy media it will work on final cut pro x
    And before i will export it to vimeo i just click it back to orginal frames :))

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

My pleasure -- good to see you sorted it out.

There is a saying we used to use just in the computer business but it really applies to the video business even more so: "The good thing with standards is that we have so many to choose from!"

So I'm afraid we are living a world where AVCHD is just the name of a container -- and what's inside in terms of audio/video format is anybody's guess. The same is true of MOV files.

Andy.