/dist/images/branding/favicon

I got problems on installing the Radians on my 3 Axis Gimbal! Can you help?

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Nelson Oliveira, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Nelson Oliveira

Nelson Oliveira New Member

I shot a video that describes my problem but basically I can see the Radians working, it does stabilize fine but I have no control. I tried the DX8 and MX20 and none of them worked.
    Just a correction on the video: My USB is connected to port 5 and 6 and not 1 and 2 as I mention on the video.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Nelson:
    Looking at the video carefully, around 3:24, it looks like both the pan and tilt Radian sensors have both the Orange and the Green LEDs on solid. Is that correct? If so, both of them are in Bootloader mode -- see the last but one page of the Radian documentation.

[Edit: I'm wrong: if the Radian's go straight to both LEDs on solid from power-up, then that is Bootloader mode. If they flash and a few seconds later both go solid, that's normal stabilized slew.]

At 2:52, I can see that the Radian sensor also has both LEDs on solid. Again, that suggests it, too, is in Bootloader mode.

[Edit: See above.]

Can you confirm what I'm seeing please?

Now this doesn't explain why they are going into Bootloader mode, but, if you can connect the signal pin to ground on port 5 of each Radian and it will prevent it going into bootloader mode. I made up a little shorting JR connectors to do this that connects the outermost pins together.

See if that helps -- hopefully Tabb or JohnC will be able to advise further on why those Radians are going into booloader mode in the first place.

Hope this helps.
    Andy

3. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Nelson,

I watched your video. You need to program each Radian individually. Meaning to program tilt to channel 2 please plug into the tilt Radian and set that to Channel 2.

Furthermore you must program the orientation for each module when you plug into each one.

hope that helps

Tabb

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Nelson:
    Forget that trick regarding shorting pin 5 signal to ground -- Tabb mentioned that it only worked on the beta Radians, not the production ones. Sorry about that. I didn't realize that was the case.

Andy.

5. Nelson Oliveira

Thank you!
    For some reason I thought the programming could be done in the daisy chain.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Yeah, it's not an unreasonable thing to think, given that there's an S-bus daisy chain and I was re-reading the Radian documentation and it really doesn't come right out and say, "you have to plug into each Radian in turn."

Did it solve the problems for you, Nelson?
    Andy.

7. Nelson Oliveira

I won't be able to try until Wednesday, but it should work now.

Thank you!