/dist/images/branding/favicon

I’m looking for the screwdriver sizes used in the hoodie tutorial

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Darrin Altman, May 18, 2018.

1. Darrin Altman

Darrin Altman Member

When I installed my hoodie I found two Allen wrenches that worked, one for the 1/4”-20 bolt and one for the cable guide. In the video FF used what looked to be a nice screwdriver set for this. I want to buy a set but don’t know the size of either socket. Any guidance appreciated.

2. Steve Huether

Steve Huether Member

Darrin Altman likes this.
  3. Darrin Altman

Darrin Altman Member

Steve Huether likes this.
  4. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

My Movi Hoodie is on the way.

Does Freefly actually require that I use both a metric hex screw driver and an English hex screw driver on the Hoodie?

If so, why on Earth is it doing that?

Like most people living in the 21st century (Harley owners, as usual, being in their own world), my hex drivers are metric.

Do I now have to also purchase an English driver? Not the end of the world, but why?

#4 Rorick Edge, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  5. Darrin Altman

Darrin Altman Member

Well I really know nothing but the 1/4”-20 screw that fits through the top of the hoodie, is the worldwide standard sized screw for connecting attachments. Isn’t it? It would be weird for that to have a metric head. That’s just what i think.

So you are upset that you have to get an English hex driver or Allen wrench and I was upset that i had to get a 2.0mm hex driver for the cable guide. I’d say we’re even. Btw, if you want to use a hex driver to really lock in the position of the counterweights, it’s also a metric sized hex head (2.5mm).

6. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

Sorry, but I didn’t say that I am upset about it, and the remark about Harleys should have been a hint that I’m mostly bemused.

But since you want to get into the nitty gritty, a 1/4”-20 camera fitting normally calls for a slotted driver. If a manufacturer chooses to use a hex/Allen head screw instead, there is in fact no reason why the head can’t be metric, using the same driver set as the other screw.

Sorry, I just find this funny/odd. Don’t want to get into World War III about it.

Have a good weekend.

#6 Rorick Edge, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  7. Darrin Altman

Darrin Altman Member

You too Rorick, I wasn’t really upset either. Glad your back posting here.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

The FF 1/4-20 can be tightened with either a 3mm or a 1/8" -- but I confess the 3mm feels a bit undersized, however for the torque settings you're likely to use I think it works fine.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert