/dist/images/branding/favicon

How do you run 6S batts?

Discussion in 'Batteries & Power' started by Steven Flynn, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

Hey. Just upgraded to a BL3 that can handle the 6S batts. Can anyone give me a primer on the 6S voltages, how long do you fly till you come home, and how might you set the voltage warning in MK tools. I come home on 4s batts at 14.2... do I run the 6S batts to that point? I assume not... but I don't fly on assumptions anymore, tried that once early on. Thanks for any help you might throw my way. Steve.

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Battery ā€™Sā€™ counts refer to the actual number of cells within the battery case. 4S has 4, and 6S has 6. LiPo batteries typically fully charge to 4.2V each, and reach critical low voltage around 3.3, and are generally considered to be in the danger zone at 3.0V (meaning they may be damaged). Just do the multiplication to figure out your comfort zone.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Steven: And if you've charged or discharged a 6S and are not going to fly for several days, take them to storage voltage -- which is midway between 4.2 and 3.3 -- so around 3.6 (6S = 6 * 3.6 = 21.6).

Andy.

4. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

that's great guys thanks. I wasn't sure if it was a total voltage or indi cells... makes perfect sense.

Steve