/dist/images/branding/favicon

How crazy? good or bad idea?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Chris mierzwinski, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Chris mierzwinski

Are there any disadvantages of splitting the movi lepo batt to powering a single preston motor? One hit would obviously be in reduction of run time for both.

Any other reasons not to for the sake of the movi or preston? id like to hear if there are any bad or catastrophic consequences to the movi in doing this if any?

very curious. both are 12v system and the preston has a 28v-8/9v range i believe.

2. Chris mierzwinski

Anyone from freefly that could shine light on the question?

Much appreciated

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Chris Freefly on an earlier post suggested not using the MōVI battery for powering other devices using a Y connection.

4. Chris mierzwinski

I totally imagined that. But I'm wondering why. If the thought has to do with possible failures or otherwise wear on the Movi or batts or other rather simpler and not so serious factor.

My only reasoning for this is at times where a Dslr camera and all other accessories are being powered by lpe6 under 12v system it leaves the remote FF at 12v. Basically a vlock for that setup. Sure running an epic you go vlock and 12v all the way.

But in this case maybe the Preston could draw from the 14v Lepo. Super light weight system still.
    Just thinking here.

I'm curious of their thoughts and some specific reasons. I'm not interested in cutting corners here.
    Hoping Tabb can chime in here :)

5. Erich Roland

Erich Roland Member

Chris, many people are using these same movi Lipo batteries to power aks like focus receivers, but adding a 2nd Lipo battery for the power need rather then splitting off the batt powering the movi. They are very lite weight and take up little space and use the same chargers, etc. win-win-win.