/dist/images/branding/favicon

How are you powering your FPV?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Jean Gabriel Taboada, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Jean Gabriel Taboada

Hi Guys, just wanted to know if in your 2 axis gimbals you are powering the fpv with a seperate battery

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jean I power with a separate Zippy 3S 2500 battery. Found I had to much noise in the video if I run off of the main battery. Up until yesterday I was powering the 2 axis, Radians and Video from the same battery. Was getting noise from the Radians/Servos so did a quick rewire running the gimbal from the main power bus, through a Castle BEC and leaving the Video only on the 3S. I have the FreeFly HDMI converter power coming off of the tilt Radian and while I get a bit of noise on that signal I use it only for framing when shooting video from the D800. If I am shooting stills I use another small FPV camera that I built a camera mount that attaches to the top of the lens. Again primarily for framing and the lens i have on that camera is pretty close to the 20mm that I fly.

3. Kristian C

Kristian C Member

Hey Gary, I was able to figure it out. I just looked at the daisy chain wires and figured which ones to solder to the transmitter. It's working great now. Sorry to bother ya!

4. Jean Gabriel Taboada

Gary why dont you power the converter off the recevier? cero noise

5. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jean because my power to the gimbal goes through the Receiver to the first Radian. And currently for wiring simplicity I am pulling power for the HDMI from the tilt Radian. So end up getting a bit of noise. Will change that in the future if I find it to annoying when switching to the Nikon for the video feed. It's not bad just not as good as it could be.

6. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I"m powering my transmitter off the flight control board. I'm using one of these filters to take the noise out http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/Power-Supply-Filter-L-C-Type.html
    I"m taking the (+) (-) voltage off thte board and taking it to the filter. The output of the filter is going to the transmitter. I have no noise.