/dist/images/branding/favicon

Graupner GR-24 question

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Andy Johnson-Laird, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Don't know whether we have any Graupner experts on the forum but I've got a question:

I've got a single MX-20 and a pair of GR-24's, call them A and B -- they're mounted on two different Cinestar framesets. When I bind the MX-20 with A, everything's fine. The PPM/SUMO on channel 8 works fine (I can see that using MK Tool/Channels), but I can also plug in a servo cable on servo connector 5 on the A receiver to toggle screens on the the Smart On Screen Display (SOSD) -- so servo connector 5 is also producing PWM.

When I re-bind the MX-20 with GR-24 B, everything works fine (the PPM/SUMO drives the MK boards, MK Tool/Channels shows channel 5 changing value), but the output on servo connector 5 is a pulse chain that never varies in length -- it's PWM without any modulation. I've verified (using the MK Tool Channels) that in both cases channel 5 via is working correctly -- but the MK Tool/Channels display is derived from the PPM/SUMO output on the GR-24 channel 8 connector.

In case you're wondering how I know what the pulse widths are doing, I'm using an oscilloscope to check the waveforms. :)

So my question is: Is there something that you have to do to cause a GR-24 to both produce PPM/SUMO output on channel 8, as well as modulate pulse widths on the GR-24's physical channel connectors other than 8?

I've not checked the firmware versions but both were acquired around May of this year.....

Thanks
    Andy.

2. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

I have had odd issues with my receivers, both the GR-24 and the GR-12, but once I did firmware updates on both things worked normal. Try that and see what happens.

Josh

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks, Josh. I'll do that after the shoots tomorrow and Thursday. Daren't upgrade the working GR-24's firmware just in case I brick it in the process. But, at least it sounds like there's not some setting that needs to be changed somewhere....

Andy.

4. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Jeff knows the answer to this.....I remember him telling me but I don't know enough Graupner lingo to even recall what he said. There is definitely some setting to get the thing to output PPM and PWM at the same time as I recall.

Tabb

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Thanks, Tabb. I'll contact him and post what he says.

Andy.