/dist/images/branding/favicon

GPS, IMU, C&C exposed by the Synapse Controller?

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Thomas Brady, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Thomas Brady

Thomas Brady New Member

( Apologies to Adam as he's already seen this request. Figured I'd post this to start a discussion amongst the rest of the ALTA community.)

My company develops automation and analytics software for industrial inspections, e.g. wind turbine or bridge inspections. We recently purchased an ALTA + M5 package and we're now looking to customize the ALTA for our applications. This involves adding extra sensory equipment like laser range finders, and also compute hardware to process the data. However, during flight, we still require state information out of the ALTA, as well as a way to send command and control information to the ALTA. This would allow us to develop algorithms to automatically follow efficient paths around the structures we're inspecting. In summary, I'm looking for the following to be exposed by the Synapse controller.
    • (Synapse -> Us) GPS & IMU (or filtered state) information streaming.
    • (Us -> Synapse) Command and control information, e.g. target GPS coordinate + heading, as well as triggers for things like return to home.
    Is this something that others in the ALTA community would find useful? Or is this perhaps something that the folks at Freefly would be interested in working with us on?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Thomas:
    I can't speak for Freefly (I'm only a volunteer), but I would start by emailing to support@freeflysystems.com and see if you can open up a dialog with Freefly directly.

The second (US -> Synapse) might best be done by "simulating" the PPM/s.Bus signals that come from the receiver. I don't know of anyway that you could get the first, (Synapse -> Us), I'm afraid.

Andy.