/dist/images/branding/favicon

Excited to learn about the Movi M10

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mike Duval, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

Hi All,

A newbie here on the forums but I'm excited to start navigating my way through the info here to prepare for delivery of the Movi M10. I work for one of the largest online camera rental companies in the country, LensProToGo.

I've been interested in multi-rotor platforms for filming for several years. The introduction of the M10 will be huge for the filmmaking community. It will remove many of the barriers that confront shooters in search of stabilized footage.

We are all shooters in the office so watching the BTS of Vincent's video was simply amazing. We all got chills watching the cab shot, simply unreal.

Anyways, looking forward to being a part of the community here and learning what I can to better support our customers. Thanks!

Mike Duval

Tristan Guercovich likes this.
  2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome, Mike. Yeah, that cab shot was certainly one of those "how in hell did they do that?" shots.

Andy.

3. Mike Duval

Mike Duval Member

The list of shots that the M10 makes possible is incredible. Its funny that to your average viewer of these incredible shots all of the technical work involved in acquiring a shot will go mostly unnoticed. In the end though that's the point. Anything you can do to further immerse your viewer and not call attention to the "camera" the better.

A few examples of amazing camera work (steadicam) that truly immerse the viewer. http://www.steadishots.org/shots_detail.cfm?shotID=298

And everyone's favorite Segway crashing, stage jumping shot:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=NpHnb9-8wPjaGu8SJ8mIaw&bvm=bv.45645796,d.dmQ