/dist/images/branding/favicon

DJI Wookong WK-M and Radian System

Discussion in 'Cinestar 6' started by Christopher Lloyd, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Christopher Lloyd

Christopher Lloyd New Member

DJI

#1 Christopher Lloyd, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
  2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Christoper: I don't have any experience with the DJI gear, but I believe that there are several forum members who do.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/
    Thanks
    Andy

3. Peter Gøthche

Yes Its no problem, i use wookong and radians on my cs 6
    What dó you want to know :)

4. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

They are setup independently you shouldnt have any problem at all ......

5. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

It depends on what type of RC receiver you are using, whether or not you have the ability to get additional channels off of an independent receiver. This is possible if you are using a Futaba system with SBUS. Or Graupner It is not possible with Spektrum DX8's
    You need at least 9 channels. 7 channels available for the WKM FC modes and gimbal control and 2 channels for the Radian Mode Switches for the tilt and roll. Way it will be set up is the Outputs F1 and F2 on the WKM will goto port 1 of the radians F2=> Pitch F1 => Roll. Then from the receiver two independent channels got to port 2 of the radians respectively.

If you are trying to send the gimbal the command signal through your RC transmitter you have make sure the WKM is not providing any compensation to the gimbal because it will fight the radian. Since the Radian already is compensating independently, the FC will be constantly sending signals for its own compensation so every time you move the copter the WKM will be sending a drive command signal to the Radian. What you need to do is set your Gimbal Automatic control gains in the WKM software to 0.

WKMgimbal.jpg

Ideal setup is a futaba S.Bus receiver that has two extra aux channels that can be assigned to a two three position toggles. Those would be the standard 3 color wires that would go directly from the receiver to your gimbal.

//WARNING// If you set it up this way you loose the "Go Home" Functionality. If you loose orientation of your copter, you may not be able to recover it, Unless you fully understand the Heading Lock feature of the WKM's Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC). Make sure you understand the flight modes and how they work, especially IOC. I am not a fan of relying on those functions, but if all else fails it may be your only option if you loose where the front boom is pointed. It may be better to set the gimbal up on independent channels outside the WKM.