/dist/images/branding/favicon

Direct wiring from Distro to FC

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Mark Melville, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Just as a followup, I connected the molex connector back up to the copter after the wiring mode and it starts up with no errors and I started up the C8 with no props and put it through a series of wide open throttle modes and didn't get any glitches. So I think its safe to assume that it is ok to do the wiring mod and use the molex cable as a backup.

2. Bill Collydas

Bill Collydas Active Member

Good to know Dave. I wasen't going to try that one in case. I'm glad you took the plunge on that one. Please let us know what it does under load...

Bill

3. Dave King

To those that did this mod: Please double check your IC2 errors through MKtools to make sure you are not having the issues I am. I am having issues with mine with IC2 errors in MKtools and through the GPX datalogging. Since I don't have any datalogs to before the mod I am not sure if this wiring mod is related. The details of my issues are here http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/i2c-error-counter-question.766/

The problem seems to be only during initilization.

4. Bill Collydas

Bill Collydas Active Member

I can't see that this mod will do that.
    We used to hard wire the board before the molex was introduced, No I2c errors.
    There must be something else that's wrong.
    Send an email to Holger.
    Make sure you twist the C/D wires and power wires.
    Bill

5. Mark Melville

Mark Melville Member

I've had no issues Wirth IC2 errore at all. I'm gong to connect The molex sa well seeing that it apparso to cause no issue.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Have you been sipping at the Grappa, Mark....your tpying has goen to shti. <evil grin>

Andy.

7. Dave King

I don't think so either but I wanted to at least give you guys a heads up that I am having issues and it doesn't hurt to double check. I am glad you guys are not having any of these issues.

8. Mark Melville

Mark Melville Member

Andy after shooting all night and getting in at 5 AM after 12 hours on set a man's entitled to a grappa or 2 and bad typing. :)

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Sod that, Squire. You're entitled to a Grappa just because you're alive. :) (Follow the 24-hours bottle-to-throttle rule though! :) )

We've got a distillery here in Portland, Clear Creek, they make a Grappa that's to die for....much smoother and more fragrant than some I've had in Milano....but that was a few decades ago, I grant you. http://www.clearcreekdistillery.com/home/

I've met the owner and you wouldn't believe the hoops he had to jump through to set up distillery....

Andy.

10. Mark Melville

Mark Melville Member

There's amazing Grappa's here. But the good stuff is not cheap. Being a lover of Grappa (for that matter anything intoxicating), my lads gave me a bottle for Christmas that was out of this world. It was a distiller that I never heard of so I looked them on the Internet. The bottle was $100 and that was their entry level version. They had a bottle aged 50 years in port casks that was 300. Grappa is like good Scotch in that the really good stuff can cost depending on age and blend or lack thereof.

11. Mark Melville

Mark Melville Member

Andy if you ever make it back over here. I'll take you for good food and drink

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Vice versa. Swing by Portland, Oregon!

Yeah...the good Grappa is spendy -- what was the bottle you got?

I just got a bottle of Hardy's Noces d'Or cognac. $234. I happened to go to Hardy's web site. Hardy's "Perfection." $26,000 a bottle. Holy shti... I wouldn't drink that, I just dab it behind my ears or sniff it occasionally!

Andy.