/dist/images/branding/favicon

did i get the wrong satelite replacement?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Steven Flynn, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

Hey all. I had to buy a replacement satelite receiver for the movi. I asked QC for a replacement and I got a DSMX. When I plug it into the movi or into a power source I can bind my receiver with the multiports on it, but the satelite stays dark. No orange light. I saw in a post somewhere there are two types.... DSMX/DSMX or DSM2/DSM2.

What am I missing here?

THanks.

STeve

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Steve what is the specific model number that you have?

3. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

My old radio is a DX7s. The satelite they sent me says this on the invoice: SP-SAT Spektrum Satellite Remote Receiver(DSMX). Thanks for the quick reply... again, it's like it's dead. I've plugged it into the AR8000 receiver, and that has the orange led, and I can bind that to my radio no problem, but that little satellite stays dark, and I've tried the cable that came with it and my old one as well.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

That one is the SPM9645 and is a DSMX model. Make sure you have the connecting wire in the correct orientation (should only go in one way but I have seen them upside down and forced into position) but if that is correct and you have no lights then it is dead. On the MoVI side make sure the RX type is set to DSMX 2048.

5. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

Gary, thanks for the feedback. Turns out the DSMX doesn't work with my movi or my other spektrum stuff. So I went to buy the DSM2 version and that is what shipped with my movi when I bought it, bound just fine. I wasn't aware there were two types of receiver... so one more thing on the big learning curve down!