/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cinestar 8 On AerosimRC

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Shaun Stanton, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

Yup, finally there is our beloved CS8 on Aerosim.:D It feels fairly accurate. It is a representation of a 2 axis gimbal setup with the landing gear on the boom arms. The gimbal is the Mikrokopter gimbal with the 5D from the Octo XL, just for semantics. You can modify the aircraft visually. You can change the boom arm colors there are options to change add or delete boom tape from all booms and select the RGB to your liking. Coincidentally the default looks real similar to Andy's copter ;). You can change the orientation of the landing gear legs whether you want them out or in for each gear leg.

Fairly accurate model for as good as you can get on Aerosim. Probably a little aggressive on the pitch and roll, but not too bad. These settings can be changed to make it more sluggish to represent a heavier 3 axis gimbal setup. The yaw rate seems to be to be spot on.

Pretty good effort on the Aerosim guys and whoever else was involved in making the model dynamics ;)

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Very cool. Some how I feel that Andy had a hand in making this happen? Have they put a real OSD on there yet? Any features for camera operator training?

3. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

Not sure about the OSD, I don't think so and No 2 operator setup yet for camera training.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

It ain't a coincidence! ;)
    I've been having long conversations via email with Manuel, the author, about possible future developments and I have also invited him to join this forum to understand what we would like to see, however I think his day job (which is producing commercial aircraft simulators), is keeping him pretty busy.

But with Shaun's assistance (and a couple of other CS8) pilots, we tried to get the "feel" of the CS8 right -- it was too twitchy and over-powered initially and had way too high a yaw rate. Manuel did a great job on bringing it closer to real world rather than a Blade mQx! :)

Andy.

Dave King and Sebastian Meredith like this.