/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cinestar 8 MOVI, DJI A2, RED EPIC spinning counter clockwise issue?? help

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Ian Rigby, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Ian Rigby

Ian Rigby New Member

Anyone have any experience flying a cinestar 8 MOVI, with dii A2 controller, with a red epic? The cinestar has tiger t motors, and E.S.C.'s, batteries, etc that are all capable of flying the red epic and MOVI for about 7 minutes continuous flight, but the octocopter wants to start spinning counter clockwise no matter if the movi is turned on or off. If the camera is removed the cinestar stays straight no problem, regardless if the movi is turned on or off. So the issue to me seams to be a weight issue, but the ship seems to be as powerful as one could build.

Anyone have any advice to try and get this thing to fly without rotating counter clockwise???

Thanks in advance

2. Steve Overstreet

Steve Overstreet New Member

Currently using the Wookong-M with Tiger motors and had a very similar issue of Yaw which was enhanced with weight. I found through about 2 weeks of playing that my longer booms enhanced the requirement that the motors were perfectly set in the vertical position. If even one motor was off by a slight amount it would yaw. I also found that since it seemed to always Yaw counter Clockwise if i set the Clockwise rotating motors to counter act them. This is obviously not the correct solution but it did work and did not increase heat or lesson the battery life at all.

3. Brad McGiveron

Brad McGiveron Active Member

There should be no issues if you have all the motors setup perfectly vertical and balanced. As well your whole rig needs to be balanced with the camera on it. Close isn't good enough.
    Also are you sure you have the motors rotating correctly and in the correct order depending on your configuration, right left right left etc etc
    Weight has nothing to do with anything other then showing you have an incorrect setup. :)

4. Ian Rigby

Ian Rigby New Member

Steve, thanks for the reply, that is great advice. we had the blades set up the right way and everything was balanced to the best of our ability, but I have taken the props off again and tried to level the motors that way before flying. Will try your tips if that does not help.

Thanks very much for the feedback.

5. Ian Rigby

Ian Rigby New Member

Brad, thanks for the feedback, we took the advice from steve and adjusted two of the blades that spin in the same direction and simply turned them about 2-3 degrees pulling in the opposite direction of the counter clockwise rotation. That small adjustment leveled the ship out and can now rotate left or right while in the air without any problems and return to center.

thanks again!

6. Steven Flynn

Steven Flynn Member

Can I follow up on this and ask... when I yaw my bird, it tends to sink a little. Used to think I was inputting a throttle command unintentionally, but I've tested it and it's for sure there. What would that be an indication of? What don't I have set right... I'm sure it's all in the setup...

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Steve:
    I don't believe this normally happens, but if you have a GPX file for the flight in question it would be good start in understanding what is going on.

Andy.