/dist/images/branding/favicon

CastleCreations ESC (Multirotor firmware) or Re-Flashed ESC by Simonk?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Sergei Kozin, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Kari Ylitalo

Kari Ylitalo Member

Did the CC escs and U7s got along well? Did you end up 75A or 50A? I'm thinking of them as well and even though ecalc states 50A is not enough in extreme states i think in real life it's plenty enough.

Best,

Kari

2. Chris Newman

Chris Newman Member

Working great so far. Used them in Iceland for 2 weeks and now on a big car shoot. Going strong. Been using them in cold weather only though. I went with 75amps. My buddies tried 50amp non-CC esc's and within one minute an esc burned out using the U7 420's.

3. Kari Ylitalo

Kari Ylitalo Member

Good to hear, thanks. Big difference to chinese esc:s are that CC esc:s really do handle rated amps and still have a marginal. So i think 50A would be surely enough if not going to drive them on test bench long time in full throttle 6S batteries over 17 inch props. But to be on safe side it's only 0,2kg saving in weight compared to 50A i think i go to 75A as well.

4. James Cole

James Cole Member

Did you ever get your CC escs and test them?

I am thinking of going with these http://www.castlecreations.com/products/phoenix-edge-hv.html
    up to 12S o_O is that overkill or just forward looking. I think the 60amps are perfect. I know you guys went with the Lite versions, but what about there being no heatsink on the CC lites and the flying at a ambient temp of say... 101f? I think you might want a heat sink then

5. Kari Ylitalo

Kari Ylitalo Member

James,

Yes i have and so far they are running well for me. I haven't flown it many hours yet but have test ran them on studio quite much. I just keep my U7 machine bit overkill for most tasks, and use more power efficient copters for most works.
    I have 490KV versions and have ran them mostly with 5s with 17X6 xoars and amps are around 50 in full throttle, so 50A:s would be under limits with 6s.