/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cable Management

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Jaron Denson, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Jaron Denson

Jaron Denson New Member

Hello Everyone,

I am looking into buying a movi m10 and was wondering how the cable management is achieved on this gimbal on the roll and tilt axis? Are you allowed unrestricted movement? Are there cabling guides on the axis? I did a google image search but it is still unclear to me? I can see one wire in some conduit going through the tilt axis but I don't know its function. Any light on this subject or some detailed pictures would be great.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Jaron:
    You might want to email to support@freeflysystems.com as yours is a pre-sales question...certainly the tilt and roll axis do move freely.

Andy

3. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Hi Jaron, I have a M10 for sale much cheaper then a new one. It comes with the toad in the hole and the upgraded tool less pan knuckle.

As far as cable routing you do have to watch how you run them. Too tight or pulling and it affects the gimbal and balance. Too loose and they can get tangled. I run mine down the outside of the tubes and as light as cable as I can find. Monoprice has a nice long super thin hdmi cable, 6' I think, that works perfect and I make my own super thin sdi bnc cables to length.
    I don't let my cables just dangle, I create a small loop off of the camera, near the tilt motor, then wire tie with "tie down reusable wire ties at home depot" to the tubes then follow the cable route that FF has for their cables once I get near the pan axis motor area. Nice and tighty. Hope that helps.
    Let me know if you are interested in my M10. Will save you around a few thousand dollars.

4. Mark Chamberlin

Mark Chamberlin New Member

Hi Jim. I'm looking to get an M10 or M5. What are you asking and what would be included?

5. jim mundell

jim mundell Member

Hi Mark,
    It's the M10, latest software, with toad in hole, new tool less pan knuckle, 2 batts, ff charger, can make up a few thin hd sdi bnc's for you too if u want. Still have original box.
    Not used much, works great. In fact I bought it used which had minimal usage and I never shot w it. Bought it to do the m15 upgrade and FF changed their upgrade promise. Which screwed me out of some dough and then bought the M15 outright. Want $6400 for it. Let me know if interested. Thanks