/dist/images/branding/favicon

Bracing the booms

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, May 5, 2013.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hi to all does bracing the booms help on minimizing vibrations, I have seen a add on kit for the DJI 800 where the booms are connected to each other with CF rods, I know the DJi S800 has arm flex issues and it needed this and another brace along the arm, like a spine, but others in Germany are using this bracing, I think on round booms, could bracing the CF booms help in dissipating some of the vibration
    anyone that has don it that could comment
    thanks
    s800antivib3.jpg unit_coptercam_real.jpg

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jose I've seen this also on the S800 from DJI. The DJI folks have released bracing along the length of the booms as well as the bars between the motors. Haven't seen it done on the CS's and other than a few posts on other forums about the S800 improvement there hasn't been much information from anyone. Different quality among the various designs. But when you look at the quality products like the CS and a couple of others you don't see any supplemental bracing.

3. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

My question is if doing this would help a CS8 at all, I know the DJI S800 has arm flex issues the other picture is from what it looks like a very successful flight operation in Germany call www.campilots.com they install this for a reason I know tha DD gimbal will solve alot of the Tweeching some are having (me) but I want to perfect my system as much as I can in the mean time.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

This seems to me like it would have the possibility of making vibration worse by connecting all the motors together with a different material than the carbon fiber boom. Not sure what problem you're trying to solve, but I doubt this would help.