/dist/images/branding/favicon

Bicycle Rack - Docking Station MōVI

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Kevin Descheemaeker, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Kevin Descheemaeker

Hi Guys

I wonder if any one out here knows what brand the bicycle rack on the picture is. I saw it several times on different pictures but can't find where to buy it.

I assume that it is an American fabrication and probably not for sale in Europe but next week i'm traveling to L.A. so may be I can buy it right away!

This looks a good solution but the only remark I have is, what about a safety clip? If you put the MōVI rig on any docking station on the market right now and you put that on a cart and drive around, the MōVI rig is slipping out of its docking station for sure. In the Steadicam world you have always a safety pin or clip (Jerry Hill docking station) to secure it. There will always be somebody who's clumsy on set and hit it.

Thanks in advance?

Attached Files:

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Looks like something from Home Depot. One the wall rack storage bits.

Kevin Descheemaeker likes this.
  3. Dylan Law

Dylan Law Member

$12.00 at the Home Depot. I use it everyday at the shop checking/building rigs up.

Kevin Descheemaeker likes this.
  4. Kevin Descheemaeker

Hi Dylan & Gary

Thanks for the info! Love Home Depot, they really should start a European Division of it!

Grtz

5. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

Home depot. I also used it once to hold the camera to make it just a pan tilt head. I used a clamp to prevent it from falling off.

6. Mika Kinnunen

Mika Kinnunen New Member

You could also try Minoura bike hanger 4 wall rack. I am just finishing one C-stand with this Minoura on the top. I milled an aluminium block, attached the Minoura to it and drilled a 16mm hole to the block for to get it dropped to the C-stand. Fastening is made by tightening a M10 screw from the side of the block.

7. Trevor Rogers

Trevor Rogers Member

I've been using that exact model for over a year now.. haha.. I cut that flap off though and welded on a 5/8 female so I can just stick it on a baby stand and not hassle with the gobos anymore.. Works great!