/dist/images/branding/favicon

App Configurator Mac OS issues

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by John Pope, Dec 2, 2013.

1. John Pope

John Pope New Member

Hello all,

Just got done balancing my M10 and now I'm trying to access the app configurator via Mac OS 10.8.5. The M10 & and my laptop see each other and actually "pair". However, I'm unable to enter the passcode. They pair automatically.

The movi's green lights are continuously blinking even after pairing. When I go to Browse Device… I get an error message that says "this device does not have the necessary services". Hence, I cannot access the app to tune the M10.

Any ideas? If I'm missing anything deadly obvious, forgive me. Attached are two screen grabs of what I keep seeing. Thanks in advance!

freefly systems app-1.jpg freefly systems app.jpg

2. Hi John,
    Sorry, I had answered earlier, but I came back to see if you had replied and notice my original post was gone. Anyway, Based on the information you have given, I would recommend you get the 3 blinking lights to go solid before even trying to connect to the 'Config App' and/or the spektrum transmitter.
    The MoVI needs to initialize before even going on to the next step.

After you have taken the time to setup and Balance the MoVI properly, when you flip the power switch on (with a fully charged battery), after a few seconds the blinking lights go solid. If the lights continue to blink then there is a setup issue or the MoVI is not completely still on the stand when turning the power on.

Please let me know if this helps or if you have anymore questions.

Chris

3. John Pope

John Pope New Member

Hello Chris,

I followed your instructions and I'm still getting the same message. I'm not even seeing the "Config App" anywhere at any time. Thoughts?

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

John have you tried deleting the BT device from you Mac. Reboot the Mac and then power up the MōVI. As Chris pointed out let the MōVI initialize and then give the BT another try.

5. John Pope

John Pope New Member

Hello Gary, yes…I've tried that several times. There's no sign of the app anywhere. Really don't want to have to buy a Nexus 7 just to configure the MoVI.

I also have an older macbook pro running OSX 10.7 and ran into the same issues.

6. Mike King

Mike King Member

Every issue you mentioned has happened to me at one time. I am using an older MacBook Pro that I use just for the Movi. I was having connection issues and then upgraded the OS to Mavericks and have had pretty consistent success. I first went through the BT icon to scan for devices, and then pair there first before connecting in the Movi Configurator, but realized that just connecting in the Config app worked fine. This was the case many times until I got three flashing lights over and over again, and the "not necessary services" message....

Try disconnecting the fully charged battery, wait 30 seconds, connect the battery, turn on the Movi, then launch the Config app. This seemed to work for me.

7. John Pope

John Pope New Member

Hi Mike, thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I am not even seeing the Movi Configurator app anywhere. Is it supposed to show up under the BT drop down menu?

8. Mike King

Mike King Member

It should be a Mac Application. After installing it - it should appear in your applications folder. I then dragged an alias to my dock. I would try to upgrade your OS as high as you can. My main MacBook was Mavericks and it worked fine, but I didn't want to take that out to shoots just to Config the Movi. I still had my previous MacBook but the Config app didn't work until I upped it to 10.7.5 I think? I would look into upping the OS as high as you can. I think Snow Leopard is $30 (if your not already that high) and then Mavericks is free. Also, my Mac Config does not look like the one in the manual- it's just the top GUI and not the HUD window as shown. I guess that's Windows only?

9. John Pope

John Pope New Member

Ok, it's late here in Ohio and I'm not firing on all cylinders. I managed to figure out where to grab the app from. Never thought to look on MoVI's homepage. Shouldn't be admitting to that but it's been a long day. Going to get some much needed sleep and tune tomorrow. Thanks Mike!