/dist/images/branding/favicon

All weather?

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Naresh Sharma, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Naresh Sharma

Naresh Sharma New Member

Hi can anyone using the Cinestar 6 or 8 tell me how it manages to hold up in humid conditions. I live in Mumbai and plan to buy a Cinestar and am concerned about it given the humid conditions here. Any info on this will help,

Thank you

Fabius likes this.
  2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Naresh:
    I suspect the heat and humidity are similar to some parts of the South Eastern United States.
    To answer your question, if you decide to fly with the Mikirokopter Power Distribution Board (and other Mikrokopter Boards), then you will need to spray the Power Distribution Board with conformal acrylic spray to protect the MOSFET devices on the Brushless Controller boards that are used to drive the motors. This process is described in the first document on this web page: http://rathergoodguides.com/documentguides.html

Andy.

Fabius likes this.
  3. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Hi Naresh,
    I have been flying in japan summer for the last 3yrs with very humid conditions (80percent) and extreme heat 37 degrees. I can tell you can do it but please have max cooling in place. You will need bl coolers both top and bottom spray your boards like Andy. You may also want to consider a plastic cover to place over your bls. Also Josh has tried to put a small fan in place below the battery holder to get away the heat. I am nearly pushing my max this summer i have to watch my bl temps very closey!! good luck!!

Fabius likes this.
  4. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

I fly in North Carolina right on the beach with 100% humidity and have not had an issue at all.