/dist/images/branding/favicon

Active FPV Signal -- Loss of Video Feed

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Zach Beggs, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Zach Beggs

Zach Beggs Member

This keeps happening to me when I go out with clients...

I'm using a Lawmate 1.2Ghz powered by a QC1200. The Lawmate is receiving a video feed from the SmartOSD and an IFTRON camera.

Problem/Diagnosis:
    • After 1-2 Hours of Flying in 90 Degrees
    • Regardless of proximity, the video feed emulates the same static or flicker of going out of range
    • Flicker after Flicker to Black.
    • The screen remains black until I let the Lawmate cool off, or when the sun falls and the temperatures drop. Because the screen is black, I have a connection between the Tx & Rx. If I disconnect the Tx for example, or even the Rx, the screen goes blue.
    • At night (8-9pm) all seems well for the lawmate.
    • This is the second time this has happened on set
    What puzzles me is, if in fact the Tx is overheating, which is quite possible since it's smoking hot to the touch (as all video Txs are) -- the lawmate still transmits a black signal when 'overheated'. I asked some of the guys over at QC, and they said the heat is normal and that they even tried putting some heat sinks on it, but it didn't matter or change anything.

Any similarities with you guys out there using the Lawmate 1.2? Any possible solution?
    Thanks guys,
    Zach

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

This will not fix the problem, but it might let you keep flying:

http://www.all-spec.com/products/ES1056.html

It emits a stream of really cold gas -- used for testing electronic components on printed circuit boards, but it will cool the Lawmate back down in a matter of seconds.

Andy.