/dist/images/branding/favicon

911: Gimbal on roll is jerking - PLEASE help - THX!!

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Robert John, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Robert John

Robert John New Member

Dear colleagues,
    I have a problem with my CineStar8 and my FreeFly-gimbal on roll – and meanwhile I don't have any hint any more HOW to get this thing done – HOPEFULLY you have any suggestions for me and you could help me in my situation.
    My problem: the gimbal on roll is jerking (even in freely-mode without PH and Altitude hold - parking the cinestar on one place) – the nick-compensation is (from my point of view) optimal. The CineStar itself is flying also very well.
    I'm using a CineStar8 – the 2 axis FreeFly Gimbal without radian stabilizer – the camera is perfect balanced on the gimbal!
    Yesterday I have done a short video, where you can see the footage (NOTHING has been post-processed): it is on vimeo, password-protected:

password: cinestar

In this footage, I'm flying freely without altitude hold - wind–speed was 4 mph

Attached is the gpx-file.

My settings on the cinestar:

CAMERA:

Nick:
    Compensation: 50
    Servo min: 45
    Servo max: 132
    Servo filter: 0

Roll:
    Compensation: 33
    Servo min: 99
    Servo max: 160
    Servo filter: 0

Servo Refresh Rate 3:
    Manual control speed: 200

GYRO:

Gyro P: 110
    Gyro I: 110
    Gyro D: 15

Yaw P: 110
    Yaw I: 110

Dynamic stability: 60

ACC/Gyro-Faktor: 27
    ACC/Gyro-Comp: 45

Main I: 16
    Drift-Compensation: 0
    Gyro Stability: 6
    Moto smooth: 0

What do you think about this problem? What parameter could/should I change? Do you guess that it is caused by the gimbal-settings or the cinestar-settings?

Again, ANY hint, your opinion and your personal experience would help me a lot!

THX a lot!!

Cheers,
    Robert

(Europe/Austria)

Attached Files:

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Robert, the MK FC board doesn't provide as much stabilization as the Radians. You can't expect to get perfect results with the FC. I'm afraid this may be as good as you can get. Try searching the Mikrokopter forums for best settings running camera stab off of their FC boards.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Robert your footage is actually pretty good. Easy to clean up in post. What camera and lens are you flying and what color O rings on the vibration dampers.

There is a google docs spreadsheet that has a lot of folks MK settings. The link is posted here on the forum a couple of times. Should be able to find. Try searching user settings.