/dist/images/branding/favicon

Approved Spektrum or Futaba RC Radio

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Alec Caton, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Alec Caton

Alec Caton New Member

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any advice for a Spektrum or Futaba controller for the MoVI Pro?

We've been using the Spektrum DX8 for our aerial work for over 5 years but our controller finally gave up. Unfortunately, the DX8 is no longer available (replaced with the second generation) but I'm not sure of its compatibility.

In the MoVI Pro manual, page 74 it states to use only an approved Spektrum or Futaba RC Radio. ("Bind an approved Spektrum or Futaba RC radio with it’s receiver using the instructions provided by the respective RC radio manufacturer")....

...Does anyone know what the approved RC Radios are?

Cheers!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Alec: With the proviso that I've not tested the DX8 Gen 2, I find it hard to believe that it would not be compatible with Gen 1 -- it uses the same Spektrum protocols as the Gen 2.

There's a thread here that may be reassuring: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2790339-DX8-Gen1-Gen2-What-Are-Differences

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

alec you can use any spektrum radio with the movi the dx9 upgrade from the dx8 works just fine.

I personally like the futaba T14SG because it has so many turny knobs to that are easy to adjust on the fly

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ah yes, the turny knobs and the waggly switchy thingies! :rolleyes:

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Alec Caton

Alec Caton New Member

Morning guys,

Thank-you very much for the information. All very reassuring! I'll have a look into the Futaba options as well.

Thanks again!

6. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

Any Futaba with sBus should work.