/dist/images/branding/favicon

Pics of Spektrum Transmitter/Monitor system.

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Ben Huddleston, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Ben Huddleston

I copied some people who knew what they were doing, and have been happy running around with this setup. It's a full Secraft Tx tray system, modified a bit to work with my gear.

I put a v-lock batt mount on the bottom to power the Marshall monitor and the Teradek receiver. Holler if you see of ways to improve here. Cheers,
    Ben

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andrew Ng likes this.
  2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Ben: You might find you get better range with the DX7s if you can get the whip antenna vertical (or closer to). I believe the RF energy radiates outwards from the tip of the whip antenna in a donut shape at 90 degrees to the long axis of the whip, so right now most of the energy is going up, down, and sideways.

Btw: How much does that lot weigh? Do you have to pay for gym membership for your camera op?

Andy.

3. Ben Huddleston

Hmm, that is useful info about the antenna, Andy. Thanks.

Regarding the weight, it is not the lightest setup in existence; it's good to eat your Wheaties and do your pushups.

But that nifty shoulder harness by Secraft makes it totally fine. Most audio mixers use a similar harness to hold their sound bag for run-n-gun, and their rigs are at least double the weight! Having the heavy battery on bottom makes a nice CG, and means I can run all day with no battery change.

4. Adam Etheridge

Hi Ben - looks good. Where did you get those red screw tighteners from? We've got a similar set up, but the little black thumb screws that comes with the Secraft kit are forever coming loose and the monitor tray ends up flopping around! Yours look much sturdier...

5. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Those red tightened come with the newest version of the Secraft setup. I agree, the old ones were terrible.

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Ditto to Brads comment. Just got mine with the red adjusters.

7. Andrew Ng

Andrew Ng New Member

I know this is an older post but....
    This is an excellent setup Ben!

Thanks for sharing.