/dist/images/branding/favicon

2 axis movi?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Peter Gøthche, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Peter Gøthche

Will there be a m5 mr 2 axis awalable at some point??

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Peter the answer I got was that there may be a software update in the future to effectively 'lock' the pan axis facing forward so that roll is working and you only control tilt. Nothing about a special '2 axis' version.

3. Peter Gøthche

Ok would be Nice for a small cinestar 6 for photo

4. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

I have rigged my M10 so that it doesn't use its own legs, instead I use some retracts. What this means is that I can fly in 'majestic mode' which does effectively what you are after.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Angus: That's an interesting approach. Would you consider posting some images?

Andy.

6. Angus Benson-Blair

Angus Benson-Blair Active Member

Here's a pic. Those are heavily modified S800 retracts that I have combined with an Allied Drones Echo quick release plate for my Skyjib. In essence, I can move the retracts from one aircraft to another using the Echo plate AND I can add which ever gimbal I like to the retracts using another echo plate. This has allowed me to use my Cinestar 3 axis, my Zen GH3 and my Movi on either my Skyjib or my single rotor. The other reason I did this was that I felt the Movi legs were catching too much wind and they would at times add to resonant vibrations. Initial testing of this has looked very promising.

Attached Files: