/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cinestar 8 fly Problem

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Luis Velasquez, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Luis Velasquez

Hi, i have a cinestar 8 MK, 360 gimbal (DX8), whit the same onfigutration i make mor than a 100 works until yesterday.

Yesterday I go to make a regular 360 job.
    i sart servos, i sart rotors and star to fly, between 20 and 23 mts (65-75 feet) my cinestar, start to decent by himself, no gps ON, no altitud hold ON, no come home ON. jus come down i try to make more flays whit the same results.

i came home check the configuration on the pc an everything looks fine, i go out to my home ande make a fly an all was perfect.

today i go to the work place to make the 360 job, but i have the same problem start to fly and comes down bertween 20 and 23 mts (65-75 feet).

I lives at 1.600 (5249 feet) Over the sea level and the work altitude is arown 2.600 (8530) over the sea level, can be this the problem???

any Idea, please i need help thanks, i be online all day waiting any help. thanks.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Luis please upload the GPX files from the flights. Also it might be that the flight location where you had the problem was in an area with heavy rf emissions. Cell towers, microwave, radio, radar transmissions, power lines if you only had a problem in that area.

3. Luis Velasquez

sorry for this question, How can i get the GXP files?? thanks.
    The area is clean, the nearest tower is more than 800 mts (2624) no electic lines.

4. Luis Velasquez

Sorry i have no SD Car on my navictrl. no GPX files. maybe if i do another fly tomorrow can get some data.

5. Luis Velasquez

if there is any interference how can i reduce the effect, or avoid it, i check on google earth and maybe i am between 2 radio towers, if jus move a side can work???? thanks.

6. Luis Velasquez

Hi, i work all day on the maintenance of the cinestar, upgrade the fly control and navcontrol.
    install the sd card to record the GPX files.

if some one have any recomendation whit the 2.0 upgrade please tellme im not a expert but i do my best. thanks.

7. Luis Velasquez

Problem persist, i have here the GPX file please some one can help me, i try on a different location whit no camera.
    thanks.

Attached Files:

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Luis:
    Based on everything I'm reading, I would recommend that for the moment, you downgrade the firmware to 0.90j, 0.30h, and MK Tool 1.80. Some folks are having issues with 2.00 and it seems that the best remedy for the moment is to downgrade.

You can use the existing version of MK Tool that you are used to download the appropriate firmware and the 1.80 version of MK Tool, but using the Update Software window and clicking on the little magnifying glass icon in the lower center of the window. It will show you the various versions and then download the versions you choose.

Andy.

9. Luis Velasquez

But the problem start before i make te upgrade, i was whit flaying whit 80a when the problem starts.
    here are a new GPX file whit a exaggerated disharge rate, whit a full charge quadrapower 6200 and a go pro camera givme 1.11 minutes.
    whit a nano tech 6000 givme 5.50 minuts whit te same configuration.
    something is taken the battery energy but how i don't know.
    tomorrow i will do the down grade to 80a again. here the GPX files.
    still looking a solution thanks.

Attached Files:

10. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Sounds like your may not be getting a full charge on your QP6200? What charger are you using?

11. Luis Velasquez

i am using Hyperion EOS0606i

QuadroPower 6.200 charge at this rate.
    Lipo Charge 3.1A - c=3100mAh - 4S.

Nano Tech 6.000 Charge At this rate.
    Lipo Charge 3.0A - C=3000mAh - 4S.
    Hyperion.jpg

Also i always check the battery charge before to put on my cinestar whit this. the common volt to use the baterry is 16.7 minimum. (for Me)
    Volt.jpg

12. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Luis those flight times sound pretty short. Do you run 1 battery or 2? How old are they? Have they ever been over-discharged to less than 20% or less than 3.3v per cell(13.2v)? The QC 6200 does sound like it is on its last breath and should be retired.

13. Luis Velasquez

But Gary I have 10 Batteries, and suddenly all have the same problem, at the same time... i really don't know.
    have in mind that i normally fly whit a 60d and 8mm lens and have 5 or 6 minutes, now i have the same or lest whit a go pro.

14. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

You are charging your 6200 packs to only half their capacity at 3100mah. Change that figure to match your 6200mah that the pack is rated at.

Did you recently change that figure? Or the way you charge?

15. Luis Velasquez

I have a year whit this batteries charging like that, QP 3.100 - NT 3.000. i do worn all this time???

16. Luis Velasquez

hi, today i make 4 flays, 2 whit QP and 2 whit NT, the QP was les than a minute and minute nine.
    the NT was 6 minutes bout, but whit no camera. this time will change whit my camera 60d an lens right.

also i know there is tread whit this, but which battery do you recommend me to replace my actually batteries.

17. Casey Van Nyhuis

I think Brad is correct. It sounds like your only charging the batteries up half way. Additionally if you have been doing that for a year straight it has probably done significant damage to the batteries which will drastically decrease your flight times.

18. Luis Velasquez

I just recipe today my battery order, 20 days to ship to my country thats to much time.