/dist/images/branding/favicon

Cinemizer replacement 3.5mm cable

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Dave King, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Has anyone had to replace their 3.5mm composite cable yet? Standard 3.5mm video cables that you get at Radio Shack, Best Buy etc do not work because Zeiss uses a different pin assignment. Video is actually Pin 2 (for reference pin 4 is the out most tip and pin 1 is the inner most one). I tried buying it from this site http://easy-entertain.eu/default.php but it doesn't let you buy it unless you are logged in as a dealer. Nobody else including B&H seems to understand that the 3.5mm cable comes in different pin configurations.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Dave I custom made a cable. Wanted a smaller lighter cable from the Cinemizer box to my FPV stand.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Contact Dave Hodgson dhodgson@total3dsolutions.com for new cables, Dave.
    Replacement cable is $11.95 (or it was a couple of months ago).

Dave Hodgson
    Total3DSolutions.com
    Sales & Distribution for Americas
    Carl Zeiss Business Partner
    Office – 248-494-4460
    Cell – 248-390-1598

Dave was very helpful when my Cinemizer cable failed. As you say, the pinout is non standard. You can purchase TRRS (tip-ring-ring-shank) 3.5mm jacks from http://www.markertek.com/Connectors...s/3-5-2-5mm-Mini-Connectors/171-7435-EX.xhtml if you want to make up your own cables.

Hope this helps.
    Andy.

4. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Thanks Gary and Andy. I like the idea of having a metal heavy duty cable sleave to protect the cable.
    It was freaky that right after I saw Gary's post I went to Markertek's website and bought the same connector Andy suggests. Then I saw Andy's post about the same exact thing. What are the odds? I use Markertek all the time for buying AV stuff for my real job that pays bills!!

5. Ryan J. Rowe

Ryan J. Rowe Member

Mine just failed. Seems to be a trend. Just ordered the connectors from Markertek. Thanks for the information guys.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Might want to email Dave Hodgson, Ryan -- there's a pattern forming here and if we just make up our own then Zeiss will never know.
    Who knows, they might comp you a replacement! :)

Andy.

7. Ryan J. Rowe

Ryan J. Rowe Member

I sent Dave Hodgson an email. It's a bummer about the pin assignment being different than the standard. Who thinks these things up anyway?

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

The Department of Non-Standard Standards, usually. But sometimes they farm it out to other Departments. ;)

Andy.