/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mounting the Mondo Stinger

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

I am using a for the first time a Mondo Stinger Transmitter, its design is kind of tricky to mount on the Cinestar so a came up with this solution take a look and if any one can comment on its placement
    thanks IMG_1799.jpg

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Nice design Jose. That should work pretty well. If you find that your signal breaks up a bit, depending on range and other variables, consider adding something like the BlueBeam antennas which a lot of us are using for cleaner signals.

3. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

That's close to where I put mine. I used the bolts going through where the landing gear mounts to the tube with some rubber washers. Looks good

4. Chad Johnson

Chad Johnson Member

Hey can anyone tell me the size of the screws/bolts to get that fit in those little holes on the Mondo Stinger?

5. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

6. Chad Johnson

Chad Johnson Member

Hi Dave, I haven;t even got my system running yet! I did a test and I have video coming from my Hero3. I'm using the Microkopter monitor setup that looks to be really nice: http://www.quadrocopter.com/7-Inch-LCD-Monitor--55mm-Output-Connector_p_743.html However that dang monitor doesn't have a 4x3 setting apparently, so my footage is all stretched to16x9. For 400.00 you'd think you could adjust the aspect ratio. Anyway, I'm just looking for the screw size to mount that stinger somewhere. Maybe I'll just put some electrical tape and Velcro over the circuit board on the back and mount it that way.

7. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Chad shoot an email to Iftron. They have great support and can probably tell you size. Very small doesn't help, but they are very small :)

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

What antenna do you use on the ground station to work with this whip antenna, Dave?
    I was curious also where you say "high gain" but I don't see any specifications for it.
    Also, where do you have it mounted and in which orientation?

Thanks
    Andy.

9. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I don't have any specs on it either its just in the high gain section of the antennas. I use 2 Vientennas for my receiver. I have the the extreme mondo mounted out on boom 6. I used to have it out on boom 5 via the Gary Haynes mounting method but I didn't have much of a signal if the copter was flying back to me with boom 1 facing me. Putting it out on boom 6 along with the extra length of that antenna gives me enough to clear the 3 axis gimbal when boom 1 is facing me.