/dist/images/branding/favicon

Using Movi Pro in Macro Table Top Crane set up?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by PatrickMeadeJones, May 22, 2017.

1. PatrickMeadeJones

PatrickMeadeJones New Member

I'm looking to do a macro table top job and wanting to use the Movi Pro as a remote head. Have any of you'll had good results in this sort of a configuration? My fear would be the macro vibrations on the Movi motors which don't translate when shooting life size, could translate when shooting macro. Let me know if you have any thoughts on this set up.

Thanks

P
    pat@patrickjones.la

2. Ryan Forte

Ryan Forte Member

I currently just used it on a product shoot with the Cooke S4I 135mm at close focus w/4K Crop on Hellium Sensor and Red Epic W.

I did see some Macro Vibrations in the image nothing that would really cause any problems

Currently had disasters working with the Mimic it is been completely unreliable for almost every shoot I've ever used it on.

Also I'm B Camera Movi Op on movie right now we are doing lots of remote head work on Jibs and Tripods and I've had great success with the $3500 movi controller and switching the heading in the Movi Pro to Fixed Mount with a Lieca 75mm and it's been rock solid and no drift. After hours and hours of testing and troubleshooting.
    IMG_6299.JPG IMG_6309.JPG IMG_6296.JPG IMG_6323.JPG

Attached Files: