/dist/images/branding/favicon

Uneven Tilt balance

Discussion in '3 Axis Gimbal' started by Ryan McCrae, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Ryan McCrae

Ryan McCrae Member

Hi guys,

Im having an issue balancing the tilt axis and setting gains.
    Im using a GH3 with a 12-35mm lens. I have bought the adjustable tilt arms to help raise the CG, but..
    I cant get it balanced, Ive spent maybe 10 hours trying to make it work. No luck. Iv found that i can get the balance pretty good with the camera sitting in its normal position facing forward, or tilted up 45 deg. It will stay in place. But if i tilt it verticaly down it swings back to level, idicating its bottom heavy. But if I adjust it up any higher, the cg it too high when the camera is facing forward, and it tilts up.
    Can some one tell me what im missing, im guessing ive overlooked something?
    Heres a link to a video of it:
    Im getting a bad tilt vibration with the gains set to 80, I need to go down to 70-75 for it to disappear, and at those numbers its not providing me with useable footage.
    I noticed my tilt wheel is quiet warped as it spins, maybe this is causing an issue, causing me to have low gains? Or is this normal?

I also have an issue when balancing the tilt and fore/aft. with the screws slightly loose i can balance it. But when i tighten it up, everything changed and its no longer balanced, i assume because the bolt position is chaining and its so sensitive to the weight distribution.

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

i would try tilting your side arms up a little maybe that would help