/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi operating day rate?

Discussion in 'Camera Operating' started by Howard Dapp, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Steadycam ops typically run $1000-$1500 per day I believe. What would one charge per day to rent out and operate a handheld Movi with and without supplied camera (DSLR and RED)? (most cases the production house will supply cam)

2. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Steadicam operators in many markets including LA, NY, or a well establish operator charge even more than that, part of that fee is gear rental but another good part is operators experience, operators skill, endurance, a good real understanding of cinematography and photography, framing and lots of professionalism, the Movi is a great invention, that can do shots that even a Steadicam can not do, but I think its wrong to compare it to a Steadicam the Movi will have to find its uses its way of working on sets, its market prices, the fact that kind of any one can use one means DP,s or others on set will operate one easily, I can see productions only renting a Movi and maybe an AC to put it together and keep it balance and ready, probably leaving out the owner operator.