/dist/images/branding/favicon

Motors Hot fail on a 72º day

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Rick Gerard, May 6, 2018.

1. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

I made four flights yesterday, on every one of them I got fail warnings from the LED's flashing. Examining the logs I see a 16384 code in the fail column and an 8 then a 24 in the motor hot column. In all temp columns, the values were never about 71 and most of the time they were lower for most of the motors. That's assuming the 6 temperature columns are for the six motors. There is no correlation between the temperatures and the fail warnings.

The weight was right at gross and I was not doing any extreme flying. Most of the flights were just simple controlling the camera with the Mimic tests. This seems odd. It's the first time I have had consistent fail warnings in a flight.

I'm not sure where to find a list that shows the meanings of the codes. Can somebody take a look at one of the flight logs for me? I'll do some more flights tomorrow morning and run some more tests.

Flight logs are too large to be attached so I put them in dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eyq4zy0clez4xl4/AAAi3GauTBWPLCTpzZqad3KFa?dl=0

I probably should open a support ticket.

#1 Rick Gerard, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
  2. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

Opened a support ticket. As usual, Adam Henley is right on top of this. Turns out there is an update for the ESC controller that is not handled through the Alta App. I will be putting the hex driver to the Alta this afternoon to take it apart so I can run the update. It will be a good chance for a thorough inspection and cleaning.

#2 Rick Gerard, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018