/dist/images/branding/favicon

who's using DJI A2 with MoVI single operator?

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Bryan Harvey, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

Is this doable?

2. Graydon Tranquilla

If you use the A2 iOC course lock mode, you have the ability to fix the camera yaw angle to any angle you choose.
    As an example, this makes it possible, with a single MR operator to fly alongside of a runner and video him from the side provided he can maintain the MR speed the same as the runner. I did this with a movie extra last fall as a test case.

And since the A2 has a built-in 14 channel RC receiver, it is theoretically possible to control all 3 axis BGC functions with a single RC xmitter.
    If the single operator is overwhelmed with too much to manage, a buddy box can be connected to the 14 channel Futaba Transmitter so that an assistant can manage camera yaw control while the pilot can typically manage all other functions including the pitch control without much difficulty. I use the Futaba T8FG Super which has 14 channels.

In general the yaw control seems to be the tipping point for a single operator - IMHO.

3. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

But isn't there some issues with the channels actually being limited on the A2 when divided between flight controls and Movi? Doesn't the Movi require channels 1-8, and then the A2 only allows the first 1-8 to be assigned, not the full 14? So that ultimately there's no way to utilize the full 14 channels?

4. Graydon Tranquilla

12.JPG I forget to indicate that I am not yet familiar with the Movi channel mapping flexibility and/or limitations. And the A2 is actually 12 versus 14 channels. For flight control only 5 channels are required. These and a couple of others cannot be reassigned to other functions. Landing gear, BGC pitch and roll can be re-assigned/remapped and there are several aux channels..... but as you saw.... limited flexibility due to s.bus constraints.

I recommend someone experienced with Movi get in touch with one of the new A2 experts at Multirotor forum to followup such as Kloner or Tahoe Ed.

Bryan Harvey likes this.