V1.5.2 has huge FIZ issues.

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Josh Park, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Josh Park

Josh Park Member

Hello all, I've upgraded my Movi Pro & Mimic Pro to the latest beta versions and I've encountered so many issues while on set this weekend, I thought I'd share my experience. I rolled back to V1.4 and seemed to taken care of the issues I was having (well, mostly.)

This was my setup this weekend.
    - Movi Pro (firmware v 1.5.2)
    - Mimic Pro (firmware v1.5.1) with Redrock Micro Commander
    - Redrock Micro Navigator (zoom control)
    - Redrock Micro SLS Motor (Focus) + Redrock Micro Torque Motor (Zoom)

I triggered motor calibration from Navigator and they seemed to calibrate just fine. In the middle of a take, zoom motor just stops working. I checked for the proper motor settings from the Mimic Pro, checked cables, all the setting checks and tried to re-calibrate. It calibrates, but motors become unresponsive after the calibration.

I restart the Movi Pro, they all calibrate fine and work fine again. I'll do another 5-10 minutes of use, and both zoom and focus motors die.

I thought it was an issue with Redrock Micro's Commander unit that I was using as a loaner. Brian Valente from RRM actually installed a special firmware that allows me to use the Navigator to pull the zoom while using in conjunction with Commander (Commander takes over all the FIZ function, so I couldn't use the Navigator.) So my guess was the issue with this Commander so I swapped it out with a Bush Pilot unit.

Same issues, no changes to my zoom motor problems.

I came home and reversed my firmware on Movi Pro back to v1.4, it seems to be back to normal now.

If anyone else who's having the same issues as me, I would love to hear! Thank you.

2. Azzie Scott

Azzie Scott Member

Ive been having some FIZ issues since update as well. Every time I run a motor calibration, it either never starts or does an incomplete calibration. I often have to do twofer three calibrations before I get a complete cycle.Im using redrock SLS motor. Didn't recall having have this issue with v1.4.

In addition I was on set today and whenever I put my Movi Pro into sleep mode and then wake up MovI Pro my pan motor freezes up as if I have the pan window with a super low setting. So when I try to Pan left or right the Movi just stays almost locked in the straight position. I would frequently have to tilt up or down to release the lock up it and have it pan normal again. And that was just a few of my issues today on set with my Movi Pro.

3. Josh Park

Josh Park Member

Similar issues with mine. I just updated to the official v1.5 update on both my Movi and my Mimic and they both seem to work okay for about 5 min and the zoom just doesn’t work. Pretty frustrating