/dist/images/branding/favicon

URGENT! MoVI spinning out of control

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Veve Borimov, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Hi everyone,

Our M15 is spinning out of control. We've got a shoot in a few hours and I have no idea why things are acting up?
    MoVI has been fine all day long with a RED on it. Took it apart, drove to different location, reassembled it and it just spins uncontrollably on all axis': tilt, roll and pan. If the stiffness is at 0, then it's fine. If it's at 1 or above, the selected axis start spinning indefinitely.
    MoVI and software are on latest firmware.
    Tried:
    Airborne vs Handheld
    Checked EVERY single cable accessible on the MoVI (behind the roll, on the tilt, under the pan, on top of the motor box, etc.)
    MoVI controller connected vs not connected
    The app responds just fine, no errors showing on the side panels nor in the terminal.
    I don't know what to do. Can you please advise ASAP?! Sorry for the rush! ISSUE SOLVED

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

3. Veve Borimov

Veve Borimov Member

Hi Jason, thanks but Bryan from the support team managed to help us fix it.

The issue was that one of the guys had to unscrew the roll assembly (the plate that has the 4 screws on it just behind the roll beam) to replace some missing screws around. When put back together, it wasn't assembled in the correct position and the MoVI doesn't seem to like that. Had to detach and reattach the roll assembly and re position it in a different way until the MoVI starts up fine. Luckily it took me one try!
    But yeah thanks to Bryan we good!!!

Bryan Edmonds likes this.
  4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Good to hear!! that is a common problem i forgot to mention to check those cables! :)

good luck with your shoot!