/dist/images/branding/favicon

Turnigy ESC - warning beeps on startup, wont spool motor

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Bryan Harvey, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

After a few normal octocopter flights today, all of a sudden one of my ESC's would not play the little song on startup procedure. Instead it gives the "beep-beep-pause" signal that indicates "battery voltage abnormal" (according to the Turnigy instructions), and will not spool up the motor. There's nothing wrong with my batteries, and all the other ESC's are acting normal, so just wondering what I should try to rectify the problem. I have checked all the connections etc.... thanks!

Bryan

2. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

I'd say check the capacitors and solders. If they're fine it may needs reflashing...just throwing some ideas out there.

3. Bryan Harvey

Bryan Harvey Member

Hi Howard, How do I check the capacitors? What am I looking for? Reflashing involves cutting the heat shrink off the ESC and connecting to a computer, yes? Never done that before.
    This is a vexing problem. I've massaged all the solder joints to see if I can get beeping to stop. Is that what you mean by check the solders? The joints seem secure. I've checked and re-checked all connecting points. Still the beep-beep, pause signal.

4. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Just did a quick search "turnigy esc voltage issue" read here:
    http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/turnigy-esc-voltage-problems