/dist/images/branding/favicon

Small crash on maiden flight (Gpx attached)

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Jean Gabriel Taboada, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Jean Gabriel Taboada

Hi guys,

I just finished putting toghether our new cinestar 8. checked and rechecked everything, took it out for the first flight and just as i took off it glittched a bit to the right, a very fast and short movement, i thought it was a small wind gust or something, and a couple of seconds after i had no control and it went hard right, but to the right away from home and it didnt climb, i have the failsafe set for 25 meters, then it hit a fence and landed on its back. i was monitoring via koptertool on OSD and the screen turned red and a big error 7 signal lost message appeared.

Im rechecking everything, to see if i can see anything wrong. any help would be appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Jean Gabriel Taboada

ok i was able to reproduce the error, it seems to be a faulty recevier placement, it looks like the tie down was a little to close to the set button and managed to press, i am reinstalling the recevier, will keep you posted. but i dont undertstand why the kopter didnt climb to 25mts and returned home.

3. Jean Gabriel Taboada

ok i just made some 5 small flight and on the last one, after i landed it started leaning to the side and then bl ctrl error 24, checked the gpx file and i see overcurrent on motor number 2. im trying to recreate the error but i havent been able to, im taking it apart to check the PDB. anything i shuld be on the lookout for?

Attached Files:

4. Jean Gabriel Taboada

ok got it all sorted out, thanks for looking at the thread

5. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

What did you find the problem was?

6. Jean Gabriel Taboada

after a lot of benchtesting, rsearch and analizing the gpx file i concluded that it was a software bug

7. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Our of curosity what kind of software bug did you determine you had? BTW did you see this little gitzo that allows you to mount your receiver on the battery tray and keep the antenna's spread apart?
    https://www.quadrocopter.com/search.asp?keyword=Modi-Fly+Receiver+Rabbit

8. Jean Gabriel Taboada

I read here in the forum and else where that when you turn off the cinestar it is possible to get the error 24, somebody talked to holdger at MK about this and he said that he is fixing the bug on the next update. i tore down the central and removed the PDB and checcked all soldering and everything was perfect, i tried to replicate the error numerous times doing exactlly what i saw i did on the gpx and couldnt replicate it, and the description given put by other users about this error concurrs with what i experienced so i concluded its the same bug.

9. Jean Gabriel Taboada

wow nice bracket for the RX, im ordering a pair for my rigs.