/dist/images/branding/favicon

Shots that require not to see the front boom

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Ok so at least pointing the camera in the direction of (example) the front boom on a 3 axis or 2 axis gimbal on forward motion if you want to see the horizon you will see the the front boom end, specially if the flight is low close to the ground, some folks in Europe on a particular frame brand are installing an off set arm to their forward boom so the motor is higher in relation to the others, therefore giving you more clearance on the top part of the frame, (on a 360 gimbal if you are pointing the camera to the forward boom of course) I know it works because they are flying, and aparently it does not afect the lift caracteristics of the copter, I think we in the CS world can achieve kind of the same with existing CS gimal parts I wonder what some of you think and what Freefly folks think about adding this to the CS frame may be on a dedicated nicely light weight design bracket
    thanks.

flexa1.png

Mario de Roos likes this.
  2. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

That is an interesting idea... odd looking copter though! HAHA

Josh

3. Pavlos Antoniou

Yeap this is from Flexacopter... i want to ask if this change something in FLight characteristics.. :)

4. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

I'm just guessing but this should alter the forward flight and maybe the fore aft stabilization.
    Shouldn't be easier to install some spacers between the camera mount and the frame and some longer landing gears? Maybe easier is not the best word. This would increase the pendulum effect, especially with heavy cameras, but at least all the lift is on the same level.

5. Mario de Roos

Mario de Roos Member

There is no change whatsoever in flight characteristics when you change the normal arm for a gooseneck arm.

Mario