/dist/images/branding/favicon

Robot Settings in Movi App

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Karen Grant, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Karen Grant

Karen Grant New Member

I know there is no user's guide on the Movi App. Can someone explain in detail what each of these Robot settings are and what they do? Also, what does Tuning mean- low, regular, plus, custom? What is the default?

Thanks for your help.
    Karen

IMG_01.jpg IMG_02.jpg IMG_03.jpg

2. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

The Freefly YouTube site has twelve videos on the Movi that cover these functions.

In addition, there are six videos, called the “6 week live series", that provide 4 1/2 hours of detailed instruction. In addition, there is a 15 minute video devoted to balancing, a subject also covered in the "6 week live series".

There is also a FAQ, which among other things specifically addresses Tuning: https://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/movi-cinema-robot-faq.12225/

Also, if you use the forum search function, or even just take a few minutes to browse forum topics, you will find discussions on all of your questions.

#2 Rorick Edge, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  3. Karen Grant

Karen Grant New Member

Hi Rorick. Thank you for your reply. The Freefly website doesn't go into detail what these settings do. It's just about the camera modes in the app- not so much about the robot settings. I did search the forum and I found the answer to a couple of my questions- but not all. That's why I posted here. I am hoping someone could just explain what these settings do, in one place, so that the next person that comes here will have the answers. I really think a User's Guide should be done for the app. Thanks for letting me know about the "6 week live series". I'll check out them out.

4. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

With respect, here’s my view...

I think that Freefly is doing a very good job of explaining how the Movi works. Learning to use it isn’t hard. All one has to do is watch the videos on Freefly’s YouTube channel and read the FAQ. In addition, this forum, supported by Freefly, is becoming a valuable resource.

Freefly’s support materials are unquestionably superior to what is available for competing gimbals. In addition, there are pointers in the videos, particularly in the “6 week live series” and the video on balancing, that would be difficult, if not impossible, to explain in a traditional user manual. Such manuals, if you're talking about more than a Quick Start Guide, are highly labour intensive and raise the issue of translation into multiple languages, not to mention that the Movi app/firmware is a work in progress.

The Movi is a bit more complex than some gimbals (which some of us are coming to appreciate), but learning to use it just isn’t that hard if one is prepared to put in a little effort. I think you’ll find that if you take the time to watch the Freefly videos and read the FAQ, most of your questions, if not all, will be answered.

Of course, there are competing gimbals, which come with cheap build quality, barebones instructions, apps that don't work properly, either no forum or one that pales in comparison with this one, poor support, no on-going development, and obsolescence in 12 months when the latest and greatest model comes out.

#4 Rorick Edge, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  5. Karen Grant

Karen Grant New Member

Hi Rorick. I don't disagree with you. I believe Freefly has a great support system and the forums are helpful. The tutorials they put together are great. I watched them before I got my movi and watched them again once I received it. I learned how to use it because of those tutorials. I just got this gimbal and I am new to using it. I have already watched a number of reviews on you tube that do an excellent job of explaining it. In fact one of the threads on here linked to a video done by Ripple Training. It taught me a lot about it. Before I bought this, I spent a good two days watching videos and reading the forum. It's just that the questions I asked weren't really covered in the you tube videos I saw. Some were briefly mentioned, but no explaining of what they really do, which is why I asked. Since I posted my question, I've have found most of my answers. I know, the more I use it, the more comfortable I'll become. I love my Movi.

Thanks for your help.