/dist/images/branding/favicon

Researching the prospect of a"Cinestar 12" Duodeca Coaxial

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by Shaun Stanton, May 1, 2013.

1. Shaun Stanton

Shaun Stanton Active Member

I am pondering the idea of putting together a cinstar 12 on a CS6 frame. My intent is not to start a debate on 12 versus just doing an X8 platform. I already have enough insight on the pros and cons from this board as well as a friend who configured a Skyjib in an X8 configuration, before he put it back to a traditional flat octo. I am looking for insight on the mixer values, if I am on the right track.

I looked at the mixer setup convention, so I have a pretty good idea on the convention used. However, their are some wholes in my understanding due to some discrepancies on the MK wiki, not that there are any of those over there;)

Duodecacoaxial.jpg

The convention seems straight forward. Any motor left or right or up and down of an axis gets a value from 0 to 64 or -64 depending on what side of the axis it is on. Motors directly center on an axis such as 1,2,7 and 8 get 0 for the Roll because those motors have no moment arm to produce or counter roll. For the roll parameter motors right of the Y axis get a negative 64 and for the left get a positive 64. For nick, motors above the x axis are positive and bottom are negative. For yaw its positive for clockwise negative for counter clockwise.

Here is what is ambiguous, according to MK wiki the values go from 0 to 64, 64 being 100% However, they show an example of a mixer setup for an X8 or Octo-coaxial configuration where all of the bottom motors are set at a value of plus/minus 71.
    http://gallery.mikrokopter.de/main.php/v/tech/OctoX_XL_Config.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

They make no mention of the fact that 64 is 100% of a nominal value versus maximum. If it is a nominal value and you can go above 64 I see why you would want to do it this way, obviously they want the bottom motors with smaller props to spin faster to and be more reactive to compensate for the dirty air on the top. Other factors such as balancing the inertia probably figured in as well. You will notice there motor numbering convention is different than mine. This should be arbitrary as long as the correct addressed motor is configured properly. Aside from that, I am looking for insight on how the mixer works above my knowledge from simply looking at the MK wiki.