/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radion and other Gimbals

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Dave Halton, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

I know the Radion is designed for the CS gimbal but there are videos of them being used on....... sorry PH gimbals. I have given up with the Skyline and having watched John Cunningham's video bought 2 Radions for my AV130.

I have asked him on vimeo for more info but I guess he is keeping it to him self

Question 1 Will the resistors work with the Savox servos?
    Question 2 Is there anyone on here set Radions up on a AV130 or 200 that can post some pics?

2. John Cunningham

Hey AerialVue,

The resistors will work fine on the Savox servos.

My setup is a bit messy as I don't have boxes for the radians - but I have the tilt one underneath the camera tray on the AV130 (using the second 'flat' orientation in the PC software) and the roll will be best with the same orientation as the freefly mount (on it's side). It should go nicely in the same area where the tilt servo is.

Sorry about Vimeo - but I don't go on there much and they are a bit public for discussions. Please feel free to ask any other questions here.

3. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Hi John. Big thanks for posting on here. I was thinking of mounting my tilt on a bracket attached to the centre of the tilt bearing on the oposite side from the tilt servo and the roll on the left hand side of the roll frame. Question do they have to be central on the mount / axis.

I will post a pic tomorrow where I was thinking of mounting them

Dave

4. John Cunningham

Hi Dave,

The position isn't critical - you can just fit them where it is easiest.

Usually, a point where it is most mechanically rigid to the servo motor driving the axis is best - so (for example) it would be better to have module on the same side as the servo drive for tilt so there is no slop between the servo drive and the module.

The roll axis stabilises much better than I thought it would because it feels like it has quite a lot of drag on the AV130.

5. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Thanks again John. I will have a play at mounting the roll first as this is the most important for me as i use my ADX3 as a chase copter and while I try to keep the movement dynamic and smooth I could do with a bit more help than the WKM can give me! Hence the Radion.

As far as the wiring is concerned I have my Savox powered vis a castle creations programmable BEC set to 6.5 volts. I may be blind but I cant seem to see what voltage range the Radion is capable of. I just see it powered from the receiver. Do you know if 6.5 is ok or can you point me at the bit in the documentation

dave

6. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Just found the answer on the forum.. so are you using the Savox servos or have you swapped them out to the FF servos that Tabb recommends with the Radion.
    Dave

PS where are you based as the videos on Vimeo look iike the UK

7. Philippe

Philippe New Member

Hi

I cannot find the size of the freefly servo, and I would like to know if I can mount the FF servos onto a AV130 please, for roll and tilt ?

Second question about the radian's mounting on the AV130, where is the best place for the tilt radian ?

The roll' radian should be in the middle of the arch (inside), is that right ?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Philippe

8. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Hi Phillippe

I dont use the tilt on my AV130. I just use it on the roll.

I have it mounted on the front of the AV130 just in front of the servo.

I have not changed the stock Savox yet as I cannot justify the cost at the moment but I think its been answered in this thread somewhere.

Ill try and work out how to post a pic.. I am sure I have done it before but buggered if I can rember.

Dave

9. Dave Halton

Dave Halton Member

Doh.. just seen the upload button!

photo.JPG