/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian and Tx-Rx channels

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Kafetzis, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Kafetzis

Kafetzis New Member

Hi,

i would like to know how many channels sould a Tx-Rx remote control should have in order to be complatible with the radian 3-axis control system.

Thanks.
    Kafetzis Dimitris

2. Arthur Vieira

Arthur Vieira Flight Squad

Hi,
    It will depend on you configuration. The Radian is a modular system, you can have it for 1, 2 or 3 axis and also you can have it stabilizing only or in stabilizing + slew mode.
    For example
    #1: In a 2 Axis gimbal using only 1 Radian for Roll (horizon) you most likely won't use any extra channel, just the roll signal going to the servo
    #2: In a 2 Axis gimbal using 2 Radians (Roll and Tilt) you will use at least 1 channel for controlling the tilt of the camera (as normal) and the sinal for the Roll servo (not necessary a channel as most people don't change the roll of the camera from the Transmitter), No extra channels are needed.
    #3: In a 3 Axis gimbal using 3 Radians (Roll, Tilt and Pan) you will use 1 channel for Tilt, another for Pan, the roll is optional as before but you must have a signal for the servo (from FC for example) and a 4th channel for Mode control. The mode control can be used with any number of Radian modules but it's really necessary only with the Pan. If you don't use it, while the CS is on the floor the Pan would keep turning around what would make the take off a bit exciting. Take a look at the video;

Today I'm using 2 Radians on a 2 axis gimbal on a CS8 and using 2 channels Roll and Tilt - yes I like to have the Roll under control.

I hope this helps a little and I also hope to not have said anything too much wrong :D

3. Kafetzis

Kafetzis New Member

Thanks. Your answer was claryfing.