/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian and switching between single and dual operators

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Josh Lambeth, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

I am wanting to figure out a way to run my 360 gimbal from either a dual or single operator. Right now I am thinking about mounting my extra GR-12 receiver to the gimbal along with a Spektrum receiver. If I need to run a single operator I want to know if I can bind both the GR-24 and the GR-12 at the same time so I can send commands from the extra open channels on my MX20 to control the tilt on the gimbal. I don't want to have to run any extra wires from the FC to the gimbal. Im ok with having to move the wires from one receiver to the other if need be but just thought I would see if this would work.

Thanks guys.

Josh

2. Nick Wolcott

Nick Wolcott Member

Hey Josh

Yes you can bind them simultaneously that is how I have my two-axis set up. That's a good idea having 2 receivers on the gimbal, I'd like to quickly switch between single and dual op, that seems like a good solution.

Nick

3. John Cunningham

FYI, you can connect a spektrum satellite and sbus/ppm receiver simultaneously to the radian.

The Spektrum data is used over the others - so if your single operator radio comes in on SBUS or PPM and the second operator comes in on Spektrum then it will work as single-operator until you turn on the Spektrum when it becomes dual operator.

The Radian even swaps around the PPM/SBUS/Spektrum channels so they will match as you go between them. For example, the aileron stick is the same selection numder for slew even though the radios are different (well, at least with the receivers I tried).

The 'Input Channel Monitor' will show you what is going on as you switch between operators.

Note PWM doesn't dasiychain so it is no use for this.

BirdsEyeProd likes this.
  4. Nick Wolcott

Nick Wolcott Member

Brilliant, I love the radians even more now.

BirdsEyeProd likes this.
  5. Josh Lambeth

Same! Thanks so much for this information! This will make my life even easier! :D

Just curious, if I have the Spektrum plugged into the Radian along with PPM from my GR-12 but I don't power on the Spektrum Transmitter will it automatically use the PPM or will I need to unplug the Spektrum for the GR-12 to work?

Josh

Zellevision likes this.
  6. Sedric "Zellevision" Sari

Thats a good Q, wanna know too :)

7. John Cunningham

No need to unplug : it is all automatic.

Switch on the Spektrum and you are in dual operator, turn it off and you are back in single operator :cool:

8. Sedric "Zellevision" Sari

Thx, I never thought I would look for a spectrum system.... :/

9. John Cunningham

LOL - me neither, but the satellite receivers are very handy for thing like the Radian ...

10. Josh Lambeth

John! Thanks for that information!!! :D I will be setting this all up today.

Josh