/dist/images/branding/favicon

powering the redrock micro remote wireless FF from the Movi battery

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by ss kiran reddy, Nov 17, 2013.

1. ss kiran reddy

ss kiran reddy New Member

I saw a video on youtube in which they had powered the Redrock micro remote wireless FF from the Movi battery. So the Movi Battery powers the Movi rig and the micro remote. Is it possible and if so how and then what are the resulting pros and cons. Thank you.

2. Jacob Schwarz

Jacob Schwarz Member

Freefly makes a cable that goes from one of their batteries to 2-pin lemo for the RedRockMicro FF system. It how i power my gear. I made a splitter so that i can have one battery power my Paralinx and RRM FF system both with the same battery and it last pretty much all day. Here is a picture.

Attached Files:

ss kiran reddy likes this.
  3. ss kiran reddy

This is fantastic. I am buying the teradek. You think the splitter can be used to power my teradek as well. I am trying to figure out the best possible power connection and the lightest possible too. I will be using the Red Epic for now. Planning to upgrade to The Red Carbon Dragon. Thank you Jacob for the reply.

4. ss kiran reddy

S
    My power solution for a light camera as of now is to power the Redrock microremote FF and the Teradek with the Movi battery power and the Red Epic with red volt as of now, waiting for the redvolt xl. Please advice me if I am wrong. Thank you.

5. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

what is that blue thing at the bottom of the picture?

we are also running into the same issue with power... does the RRM FF system take the same voltage as the Freefly provided? we haven't got the FF system and therefore everything is based on online studies...

please advise... thanks

6. Jacob Schwarz

Jacob Schwarz Member

So the blue thing or "BEC" regulates the voltage output from the Freefly battery and make it 5v. The parralinx works on 5v USB power and the freely battery do 14.8volts so it need to be stepped down for the parralinx. The RRM FF system doesn't need any regulation as it can take a wide range of voltages so with the sold cable from freefly you can plug right into the battery. So i split the power and run one line via the 5v BEC to run my parralinx and other line straight to the RRM FF system. Make sure you also get a voltage beeper for the battery because if you run the battery too low you'll fry the battery.

Jair Guillen likes this.
  7. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

ok... so if i am not considering the parralinx at this point, and if i have already modified the RRM FF system power to the same 2 pin power, i can use a "Y" splitter to power both? if so, that's a life saver...

8. Jacob Schwarz

Jacob Schwarz Member

Yes. I think the terradek can take a wide range of voltage as well and just plug-n-play. if you got a y-spliter you can run both easy just make sure you use a voltage beeper to warn you when the voltage on the battery runs lows so that you don't fry the battery. WARNING! the terradek bolt has reversed polarity however so you can use the same two pin limo that you can buy for the RRM FF system from Freefly, then ever warn you about this on their site so you'll have to make your own.

9. ss kiran reddy

Hi Jacob,
    I guess i will not be needing the BEC since I am going with the teradek bolt pro. Is there a possibility to have two lemo outputs, one to power the RRM FF and the other to power the Bolt pro.

10. Jacob Schwarz

Jacob Schwarz Member

no BEC with the terrdek pro. yes there is.

11. ss kiran reddy

Can we buy a lemo cable with reversed polarity for the teradek, pls advice. Thank you.

12. ss kiran reddy

Change of plans, going with the Teradek and RT Motion FF with a single motor. I found this splitter and intend to power my RTM FF and Teradek bolt pro with the movi battery. le-0099-big.jpg