/dist/images/branding/favicon

Powering a transmitter on the m10. Bolt/paralinx with c300 or 5d

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Ben Hughes, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Ben Hughes

Ben Hughes Member

Hi,
    I'm struggling as to how to power the teradek bolt transmitter from the c300/movi. I really don't like using the hyperthin hdmi as I still think it upsets balance, and it's just annoying. Plus directors want to see a "live" picture of what the movi is doing, and it's impossible for a second operator without the link.
    What are people doing to power wireless transmitters from cameras tht don't have any power outputs, c300/5d? Similarly what is the best way to power a follow focus, and is there any preference with focus and movi?
    Thanks in advance!
    B

2. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

My business partner fabbed up some great cables with built-in regulators. We have a 5v USB for Paralinx, unregulated barrel connector for the monitor, and unregulated lemo connector to the Redrock Basestation. All this is powered from a second Freefly lipo. If you're able to fabricate something similar, I highly recommend it!

3. Ben Hughes

Ben Hughes Member

What about those mophie juice packs? Anyone used them yet? They are supposed to power the transmitters for 5 hours @ 1amp for transmitter or 2.1 amps for the receivers.
    I suppose if there is a way of powering off the movi batts via a cable then that's a great option as well. I'm surprised freefly haven't thought about this? Because it's an essential part of the overall system. If you can't power the transmitter then it's pretty difficult to operate 2 man.

4. Ben Hughes

Ben Hughes Member

Having just checked, Freefly do a freefly batttery to dtap connector!!

5. Albert Chang

Albert Chang Member

we had similar situation, need to power multiple devices with lease weight...
    to power an USB, we found couple things that may work out...
    option 1... find the cable with existed Mini USB connector and a regulator
    [​IMG]

option 2, find a regulator that has USB connectivity that allow us to use any type of USB cable we had...
    [​IMG]

granted... it requires some modification and will turn your rig into a cable monster... (looks messy), but we believe it is a good option to go to reduce the weight or other additional cabling.
    we are trying these setup this week and we are upgrading the battery to a 4000mA in order to sustain the devices...